Hello again GrandMasters Ultimate players,
(Women 35+ years old & Men 40+ years old, at the end of 2012)
Games are Friday nights, April 6th - May 18th, 2012.
- March 30th midnight: sign up deadline
- Week of April 1: teams get announced
- April 6th: 1st game
- May 18th: last game
- Signups are open now, and will close at midnight on Friday March 30th. If don't have a BUDA account, click here to register. Once a member, sign in to your player's page, and click on the "Sign up for Spring Gandmasters Hat League" link.
- Space is limited and time is short, so get your signup in quickly. After the first 90 signups, players will be put on a wait list.
- Captains are needed! Please sign up to be a captain. It's easy – name your team, flip the disc before the game, give inspired halftime talk galvanizing your team to victory, organize post-game activities, rate your players at the end of the season and hand out trophies. Well, maybe not the last part.
- We'll form teams on March 31 and announce them as quickly as possible.
- The league will run on Friday nights, with games at 8PM and 9:15 PM, from April 6th through May 18th. We're making every effort to have all games at 8:00, but we are sharing field space with the Spring Hat League, so you may get a mix of early/late games.
- Games will be 1 hour 15 minutes long.
- English High School has artificial turf, so games are played rain or shine. It's fun to play in the rain, although at this rate we won't get any.
- In honor of the election year, the team name theme is the Presidential Campaign.
- All players MUST have a current BUDA waiver before playing. Waivers can be found on your BUDA Player Page and must either be faxed or mailed. Players without a waiver on file will not be allowed to play until the waiver is processed – so get your waiver in.
- Disclaimer: we CANNOT and DO NOT guarantee anyone a spot on a team, the ability to play in the league, with the person they register to play with. We'll do our best to accommodate requests to play together, but we also want to achieve competitive balance.
- Doyle's after the game. Just sayin' …
See you on the fields,
Robert Herold – Commissioner, BUDA GandMasters Hat League