- Category: Tournaments - News
- Last Updated on 30 May 2013
Mark your calendars! The 22nd Annual BUDA Good Cause Tournament will be happening on July 14th, 2012. Funds raised from this year's tournament will support Lovin' Spoonfuls in their mission to recover perishable and unserved foods from restaurants and events, which is then distributed to shelters and social service agencies.
Where: Millennium Park, West Roxbury, MA
When: July 14th, 2012. Please arrive at 9AM.
Pre-Registration: Pre-registration has closed, however EVERYONE IS WELCOME! Show up at Millennium Park at 9AM on July 14th, pay the entry fee, and play ultimate!
If you pre-registered but didn't pay your fee, please bring it with you to the tournament.
Fundraising: We ask that every player set a personal goal to raise funds; either by collecting donations from family members, friends and co-workers, or by simply making a personal donation. The Good Cause Tournament is about fun ultimate, but it's also about supporting an exceptional organization that is doing important work to make our city better.
Please track funds raised using the Good Cause Tournament Donation Form. This will ensure that donors receive proper credit for their donations. (If you prefer to track funds raised separately, that's fine. Please let us know the name, address, and amount raised for each donor.)
|Raise at least $150and receive the following:
||Raise at least $100 and receive:
- Players who choose not to raise funds may instead pay the registration fee. For players who register ahead of time, the registration fee is $35. For those who register on the day of the tournament, the registration fee is $40.
- Players who prefer to pay by check are more than welcome to do so. Please make checks payable to Lovin' Spoonfuls.
- Framed, 4' x 6' print of Map, by Jasper Johns
- 6 New England Aquarium passes
- Museum of Science passes, to the Planetarium, the Exhibit Halls, and the Omni Theater
- Peak Organic Brewing prize pack
- 3 Personal Training sessions with Pat Kelsey (certified trainer, and member of the Rhode Island Rampage professional ultimate team)
- Doyles Cafe prize pack
- 4 Starbucks gift bags
- 5 Ultimate gift certificate
- Golfer's Prize Pack, including tees, balls, stash sack, etc.
- Stop Watches, great for anyone who referees sports
- USB Web Cam
- When a team is leading by more than 3 points, all players on that team must touch the disc on the possession before a point can be scored. After a turnover, all players much touch the disc again
- A huck for a score that covers more than half the length of the field is worth 2 points.
- WATER (we will supply some water, but we have no water source at the fields)
- A white shirt
- A dark shirt
- Food (no food will be provided at the fields)